Drum circles are sacred spaces and meetings where we get to check in with our community; drum, dance and celebrate. You can check below for updates and information on any future drum circles planned by the Albion Faeries.
The Drum Circle:
We gather – form a circle,
Call the elements and ancestors,
Come to a place of stillness and connection,
Pick up the drums, rattles, bells and other instruments,
And let the rhythms roll, our bodies move and our spirits shine,
Drum circles are spaces in which faeries express and release emotion, energise our intentions and explore our connections, raise our spirits and shift consciousness. We come together to heal, to en-lighten and to support each other on life’s journey of growth and discovery.
Come and join us.
Heart Circle is a tradition of the Radical Faeries to foster open, honest and loving communication with one another; to build resilient community together through healing, trust and unconditional love.
A heart circle is a place where people meet in sacred* space to speak from the heart and be listened to from the heart. Communicating openly this way is a felt experience and an ability developed by taking part in this ritual over time.
Heart circle is a place where you witness and are witnessed just as you are – your authentic self, speaking from the hart rather than the head and expressing all and any emotions that are present for you.
There are some simple guidelines and pointers for taking part in a heart circle:
- Confidentiality is part of the circle – everything said and expressed is kept within that session.
- Speak with ‘I’ statements and talk about yourself and what is going on for you now.
- This is not a place for discussion or debate. No one is interrupted or verbally responded to.
- No one has to speak. Typically there is an object or “talisman” that is used to hold the protected space for each person – whoever holds the talisman has the time and space to speak and no one interrupts (although there are ways to gently express appreciations and resonances with what is being said). When holding the talisman you do not have to speak – you can just be witnessed in your space before passing it on.
- Sometimes a theme may develop but just as often there may not be any theme.
- Although a heart circle is not formalised therapy, the sharing, witnessing and being witnessed can be incredibly healing and transformative for each individual.
- Each heart circle has a defined start and end time and it is important for you to be there at the start so as to be a part of the “flow” and process.
- Sometimes the sharing may naturally end a little early but the always the aim will be to find ways to end it on time.
In light of the current circumstances lots of Faeries are organizing online gatherings to support our community.
Global Online Non-Talent Show – Facebook page
Global Daily Heart Circle via Zoom
There is a very comprehensive list being maintained in the Faenet Wiki of a variety of different offerings. You will need to log in with your faenet account details. Online faerie offerings on Faenet
If you know of any online offering or activities please get in touch and we can add them.
Brighton Radical Faeries
Find out what is going on in Brighton on our Facebook Page or contact email@example.com
London Radical Faeries
Wheatsheaf Hall, Wheatsheaf Lane, London SW8 2UP
THE HALL IS CURRENTLY A COVID TESTING CENTRE, BUT DRUM CIRCLES WILL BEGIN AGAIN ASAP, AT OUTDOOR LOCATIONS, ANNOUNCEMENTS VIA MAILING LIST AND FAENET.ORG
There are lots of drums and percussion to play with, the drum circle is a free flow space in which you are welcome to drum, dance and socialise as you wish. We arrive from 7pm to set up, and it is recommended to arrive by 8pm for the circle casting. You are welcome to bring any instruments along, plus snacks/drinks to share, and if possible £5 donation towards costs. (The Hall Hire charges have gone up recently.) As with all faerie events, payment is not insisted on – NOTAFLOF applies: No-One Turned Away For Lack Of Funds.
Read more: healing power of the drum
Midlands Radical Faeries & Queer Spirts
Radical Faeries North West
There are Radical Faeries in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Chester… and more!
We hold monthly Heart Circles if we can, and also socially gather.
We also have a group for Trans/Non-Binary/Questioning-specific Heart Circles. Please join our main Facebook group and ask for details if this interests you!
Limelight is the faerie name of a beautiful old house situated in rural, gently rolling hills. A safe space, a home and hub for our queer, faerie community as well as a nurturing space where we can heal, laugh, love and co-create.
I believe if we Faeries act consciously within our decisions, compassionately within our actions and truthfully within our words then we can pass our time in this manifested consciousness as one integrated dance of the divine. Our illusions of separateness are not our birth right. They are the subtle energies at play that seek to divide and diffuse our energetic connectivity. As we eat and drink, dance and sing, fuck and play it is the same energy that passes through all things. Let us celebrate the rediscovery of this queer tribal consciousness and enthuse our words, actions, thoughts, and feelings with love, compassion and truth. Let us use our words as we would our hands in Faerie space; to knit together our community with softness, openness, exploitative, nurturing, kindness, depth, lightness, healing together so we may continue to shine light into the darkest parts of our lives and lead each other, brothers and sisters, home again.Wood Pigeon