You can arrive any time after 2pm on the starting day and stay for as long as you wish up to 11am on the departure day.
There are many modes of transport which can get you there and we encourage you to share your journey if you can. If you’d like to find travel companions / car share you may wish to put a note on the Facebook page. You can also mention this when booking.
We can often pick you up from Glastonbury centre if you let us know in advance.
Get train to Bristol Temple Meads (we advise against Castle Cary and there is no bus from there and its over 15 miles from the farm). Trains from London, Paddington Station, run to Bristol or Taunton. With UK trains booking in advance can often give you large savings on the price.
Once you arrive at Bristol Temple Meads, you will need to get a bus to Glastonbury. Take bus 376 – Mendip Xplorer – Bristol – Pensford – Wells – Glastonbury – Street. Bus times can be found here and takes around 1¼ hours.
Get off this Bus at West Mendip Community Hospital. The farm is about 1 mile from here up to winding country road signpost towards Wick
Berrys coaches have services that run from many places to Glastonbury centre. http://www.berryscoaches.co.uk/book-tickets-london-superfast
National Express and Mega Bus also run services to Bristol and from Bristol. See above for local bus service information from Bristol to Glastonbury.
Taxis – We strongly advice that you book a taxi before you leave. Trotta’s and JJ’s are two well known companies.
Trotta’s 07879 333020 JJ’s 07977 904064
Driving to Maidencroft Farm Via M25
- Leave the M25 at junction 12 and take the M3 west.
- Leave the M3 at junction 8 and take the A 303.
- From the A 303 take the Wincanton turn and head along the A371 for Castle Cary and Shepton Mallet.
- Go through Castle Cary and past the Bath and West Showground.
- Eventually turn off left at a very new roundabout to Pilton and Glastonbury, on the A 361. This continues on a road to the right, immediately after the roundabout.
- Go through Pilton and West Penard and get to the Welcome to Glastonbury sign on your left. Not far after this, on the right, is a small turning to Wick.
- Turn right and follow the lane, looking out for Middlewick Holiday Cottages on your left. Immediately after this, on the sharp right corner is the turn to Maidencroft Farm (next to a bungalow called Greenlands). Go up the drive and park in the main gravel car park.
Driving to Paddington Farm from M5 / North
- From north of England quickest way is via M5. It is possible to go though Bristol also but probably almost always quicker to stay on motorways to M5.
- On the M5 take j23 A39 to Glastonbury
- Stay on A39 through / around Glastonbury until roundabout for West Mendip Hospital is reached
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Wells Road
- 0.1 mile Turn left onto Old Wells Road
- 489 ft Turn left onto Brindham Lane
- 0.8 mi Turn right into Paddington Farm Driveway
You can view the castle location on Google maps. The address is Paddington Farm Trust, Maidencroft Lane, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 8JN
If you have further questions you can contact us at